Controlled Flow & Direction of the Fluid by the Flow Control Valve Sensors
Flow meters are the equipment for the accurate measurement of the flow rate of the fluid passing through a pipe or an open space. The measurement can be made either on the basis of the mass flow rate or the volumetric flow rate. The rate of flow can be altered and distributed with the help of particular equipment called the flow control valve sensors. It provides accurate and programmable information, which helps in the execution of the distribution. Various industries have an abundant option of the control valve sensors to choose from. On the basis of the application and the purpose, the type of the sensors are chosen, which gives errorless productivity.
Design of the Flow Control Valves
The flow control valve sensors have diversified designs, from simple openings to refined electro-hydraulic valves. These different compositions of the valve sensors enable it to automatically adjust itself according to the change in temperature and pressure. The control valves are usually attached to the actuators or positioners, which control the speed by regulating the flow rate.
Controlling the Flow Rate with the Help of Valves
The different types of flow control valves that are used in various industries are
- Orifices– It is the basic design of the flow control valve, which controls the flow and is installed in series with the pump.
- Flow regulator– With a complex design, it identifies the flow rate by the pressure drop across the orifice. It controls the flow rate closely, in the presence of the alteration in pressure.
- Bypass flow regulator– In this flow regulator sensor, the excess liquid which flows more than the set limit returns to the reservoir through a bypass port. It provides an efficient output, without any wastage.
- Demand-compensated flow control– The excess liquid which is more than the set limit returns to a secondary circuit, where the liquid is utilized. In this way, both the circuits can work in conjugation, giving fruitful output.
- Pressure-compensated flow control- This flow control valve is equipped with adjustable equipment, which maintains a constant pressure under the operating condition.
- Pressure and temperature compensated flow control– Viscosity and density of the liquid vary with different temperature and pressure. To restrict the variation of the properties of the liquid, this flow control valve is used.
- Priority valves– This control valve regulates the flow rate, which supplies the set limit of liquid, first to the primary circuit and then bypasses the excess liquid to the secondary circuit. The primary circuit dominates over the secondary circuit.
- Deceleration Valve– It is a pressure compensated control valve, which increases the back pressure of the cylinder when the valve shuts.
Application of the Flow Control Valves
The distinctive applications of the control valve in various industries are
- Oil and gas
- Food and beverage
- Bio-pharma industry
- Marine industry
- Non-industrial application
The flow rate also evaluates the rate of transfer of energy at any given pressure. The control valve regulates the liquid flowing through the valve in the volumetric, mass, and weight flow rate.