Digital Flow Meters for Liquids
Digital flow meters are of immense importance in Industry. This is an instrument that forms that the basis of many industrial processes that are necessary for the upliftment of both technology and lifestyle. Therefore, it is important to be very cautious while choosing suitable digital flow meters for liquids because of their wide and significant usage. Thus, in this article, you will be informed about some of the key factors that you should keep in mind while ordering an instrument belonging to this segment.
- Compatibility: In the majority of the cases, complaints are lodged regarding the unsatisfactory functioning of the digital flow meters. This often occurs due to the incorrect selection of meters. So, the selection of meters needs to be made on the basis of compatibility for securing the optimum performance, and to ensure accurate readings.
- The Range of Flow: Range of Flow can be defined as the ratio of the lowest rate of pumping to the highest rate of pumping for a system. In order to set up a meter and a system together, the range of the system has to be kept in mind. Otherwise, the readings obtained may be incorrect and, in the worst cases, the digital flow meter itself might get damaged.
- The Size of the Pipe: The size of the pipe is an essential factor that governs the kind of digital flow meter that has to be bought. For a pipe which has a small diameter, a small meter is sufficient. This is a very good option as the price of the meter is reasonable in this case. However, if the diameter of the pipe is larger than necessary, a highly priced and a rarely available meter could compromise the functionality of the entire system.
- Accuracy: Before buying the digital flow meter for liquids, you have to ascertain the range of accuracy of the device required for your application. In most applications the error should vary no more than – 5% and + 5%. Hence, proper checking has to be done before the installation of the device.
- Maintenance: This is the most important factor that you have to keep in mind before buying a digital flow meter. You have to thoroughly search out whether or not the company from which you are going to buy the meter provides after-sales maintenance. As this is a “gadget”, you have to keep this in mind that it may not always work perfectly. Sometimes, the calibration itself might get distorted. Therefore, it is essential that the company has the provision of sending skilled personnel for regular diagnosis so that your work is not hindered. (We don’t provide this so do we want to say it?)
Thus, it can be understood that digital flow meters for liquids are significant systems that are used regularly for research. They also have wide application in industry because of which these products are in such a huge demand. Therefore, before buying this essential product, it is advisable that the aforesaid suggestions should be followed dutifully to ensure a right choice. And, if the right choice is made, the system will surely deliver the desired output with accuracy and precision.