6000 Series Flow meter: Essential Facts to Know
The 6000 series flow meter of Proteus Industries utilizes an easy paddlewheel standard for producing a pulse output which is directly proportional to the immediate flow rate.
Features and functions of a 6000 series flow meter
- Flow rate ranges from 0.06 to 60 GPM or 0.2 to 227 LPM.
- Directly interface to data logging, batching and multi-channel controller accessories.
The 6000 series flow meters offer a digital pulse input to suitable programmable controllers or process monitors for reporting flexibility and convenient control.
- 5 to 24 VDC pulse NPN and PNP outputs for simple interfacing with your PLC.
The pulse output signal’s amplitude is within 5 percent of the input voltage. Through the flow meter, the output frequency is proportional to the flow rate. The output frequency is almost 240 Hz at the ultimate flow range. The frequency is 10 Hz at the minimum flow rate.
- Stainless steel faceplate maximizes the range of operations.
An optional brass or stainless steel faceplates allow 6000 series flow meters stainless steel and brass versions for being used with liquid temperatures from -40o to 110o Centigrade or -40o to 230o Fahrenheit and pressures to 250 psi or 1724 KPA.
- A Viton® O-ring offers the liquid seal.
Optionally other materials are available for an improved chemical compatibility with particular coolants.
- Compact design
The 6000 series flow devices’ depths differ according to the connection size. 3D and outline drawings are accessible from the official websites of Proteus Industries.
- The Hall-effect sensor, safeguarded from overvoltage and reverse polarity, offers a reliable output in noisy electrical environments.
How to match a 6000 series flow meter to an application
- Choose a flow instrument which is chemically suitable for your liquid.
- Inspect the pressure limits and operational temperature to choose compatible materials.
- Choose a flowmeter with the range so that your ultimate flow rate can be less than the instrument’s upper flow limit and the nominal flow rate can be around 50 to 60% of the instrument’s upper flow limit.
- Choose SAE straight-thread connections if you are utilizing positionable elbows or the high-vapor-pressure liquids like Fluorinert™ or Galden®.
How to order a 6000 series flow meter online
If you need help in choosing a 6000 series flow meter which is best compatible with your flow control job, you can contact our technical support representatives via an email or a call. You need to follow certain things which are stated below:
- Choose the model number of the 6000 series product according to your need.
- Go to the 6000 series online order page, utilize the drop-down menus and finally choose the material, flow range, connection size and fitting type for the product you want to order online.
- After doing these necessary steps, you will be displayed the price of the instrument. So, now click on the ‘Buy’ button for placing the order and adding the product to your shopping cart and completing the buying procedure.
Our technical experts are available round-the-clock to help you acquire the ample knowledge regarding the flow devices. Request a product quote now!
Do you want to mention the integrated RTD temperature measurement option?